The warm spices give this lamb and amazing flavor. It comes out very moist and tender. This is a regular at all of our family gatherings and hope it becomes one of yours too!
6 Pound boneless leg of lamb
1 teaspoon baharat (middle eastern allspice)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons salt
2 crushed bay leaves
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup cognac liquor
1/2 cup beef broth
1. Trim most of the fat off of the lamb.
2. Cut if necessary to try to even out the thickness of the lamb.
3. Mix all of the spices and the cognac and beef broth in a small bowl.
4. Rub the spice mixture all over the lamb.
5. Marinate the lamb for at least one hour or up to overnight preferably. Flip the lamb over during the marinating if possible.
6. Preheat oven to 350 F.
7. Place the lamb in an oven proof dish with a lid or cover with aluminum foil.
8. Flip the lamb over after 1 1/2 hours.
9. Roast for 2 to 3 hours or until the lamb is tender enough to be pulled apart with a fork.
10. To serve, shred the lamb with 2 forks or cut into slices. Take some of the sauce from the baking dish and drizzle it over the lamb.